06 December 2009

First impressions

Now its been 3 days as I am here and already so many things have happened... Thats what I love about traveling so much- it doesnt get borring! There are always new people to meet and new things to find out about yourself!

On Friday I had a challenging day since I didnt have anyone who could speak to me English, so the whole day was in Slovak with some Russian and German phrases from those who can speak them :) By the end of the day my head was actually hurting... I really thought I would understand more, but still it was nice to get at least an idea what the conversations were about.

I met my colleagues and they all seem very nice and friendly, and as far as I can see they all love the work they do, so I will do my best to get involved and help. I was lucky to see a performance by small children and youngsters, and they have a lot of passion, which made me realise that this project could be a lot of fun, after I learn how to communicate with them ;)

And of course, my first shopping on my own... I survived, but I got some things for my hair that smells like men's after shave (I checked it twice, its for hair)... Dont get me wrong, I like men and their smell, but not when my hair has to smell the same way. In case there is a girl, who likes that then I will be more than happy to give her hair mousse and spray :D


And yesterday I went to see some other EVSs in a near town- Zvolen. There was gathering for all volunteers, but I guess not all of them came, we were about 15 and still it was fun. Its strange since almost every slovak is asking me "why Slovakia?", but when I saw that there are many people like me from France, Italy, Lithuania, Germany, even Brazil and Uruguay, who came here, then it made me feels that Im not alone :D Almost all of them had their "on-arrival" training, and I hope my great coordinator will manage to get me on one which will be in two weeks. Fingers crossed, that its not too late ;)

Well, Im still happy to be here, so I guess its a good sign ;)


P.S these are some pictures from yesterday's gathering. Kapuera (I guess I spelled it wrong)danced by Brazilians and Slovaks and some Slovak rock.. Both bands were really good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment