04 December 2009

Day 1


So, here I am.. and it looks nice :) but lets start with the beginning...

My journey started in Riga airport, where I was smart enough to go to a counter where a man was sitting :) As You can understand I had more than 20 kg in my bag, it was actually 22,9 .. So he offered me either to take something out or pay. At that particular moment I was already so stressed, since I slept only 4 hours and repacked my bag at least 5 times (throwing in and out all kind of staff), so I agreed on paying and got tears in my eyes.. So he gave me a boarding pass and when I asked where to pay he said "just get into a plane" :) Ladies, its a good tip for You.

Flight to Vienna was good, and after landing I had about an hour till the bus to Bratislava. I wasnt really sure where the bus stop was, thus I asked at the information desk. And here a new stress started, since the lady told me that I had to go to some parking house 3... I went up and down in that airport with an extremely heavy bags (I had to get them down the stairs..brr..) and asked so many people, of course no-one had an idea where exactly is that bus stop! Then I went back to the info lady, and she sent me once again to P3... After not finding it, I decided to check the stop where the bus was to be at first place, and of course on the screen I saw my time and destination, so I went the third time to the lady to make sure that Im correct, and she just said "oh, I dont know, they told us stop will be in P3, Im sorry". All I had was to wait and hope Im getting the right bus.. Finally it came and in an hour I was already in Bratislava.

In Bratislava's bus station, my coordinator was waiting for me :) A really nice and cheerful young man Peter :D (if You are reading this then I want to say one more time a huge THANK YOU for carrying my bag, maybe later You will thank me for the muscles.. haha.. ;) ). After getting some tea we went to the bus stop and I had such a huge smile when I saw our bus.... I dont want to say anything bad and hope Slovak people wont be angry with me, but the bus didnt look very safe :P haha... It was something like "Ikarus" that we used to have in Latvia, and I havent driven those busses for some time. Anyhow, it was ok ;) It was full and there were few stops where so many people were getting in, that it was completely over crowded!!! Amazing how patient people have to be or maybe thats because they are already used to it...
Oh, I forgot to mention one more interesting fact- when one puts the baggage in the bottom it costs 1 EUR.. why? have no idea.. Peter didnt believe when I told him that in the Baltics we dont pay for luggage. I dont know, maybe its popular to do so in the South? anyone wants to share?
Anyhow, bus from Bratislava was only to Zvolen, so I was getting closer to my destination. In Zvolen we had to wait for an hour and a half for the last bus, so we decided to look around. Its a really nice town, which I hope to visit and see more on Saturday since there will be some big gathering of all (ex and current) EVSs. We got some hot wine and all the stressed dissapeared ;)

So, finally we got to Krupina! Already in a dark I could say that its typical Slovakian town. Dont know how to explain, its just different from the towns in Latvia. If in Latvia we have more wooden houses, then here its stone. It seems very cosy. And as I said it was small so everything is very close to each other (thats what I love about Tallinn, too). Speaking of a house where I live... At night it looks spooky, because its huge and Im the only one to live here. My room is very nice, just need a bit of renovation, but Im ok with that.

Well, that would be short description of my first day. Maybe later I will write how was my second day ;)

Smily,
Viktorija

2 comments:

  1. Ahaha, Vicky :))) U had an amazing trip!!! Ikazrus!!! I thought they don't exist anymore ))))))) L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see some pictures, lady!! Anyhow, good luck to you and you should know that I miss you a lot... xoxo

    ReplyDelete