20 January 2010

slowly getting used..

Last weekend was great!
On Friday I went to visit other volunteers in much bigger city and realised how nice it is to escape Krupina sometimes... I like this city, but I sometimes I catch myself thinking that there is no air to breath (ok, maybe its a bit too dramatic..) since town is so small and everyone knows everyone! However, when I was in Banska Bystrica which is only 50 km from here, it felt like no one is watching and if I do something stupid then no one will care :P Of course, I didnt do anything bad, but it was nice for a change to enjoy myself somewhere else in Slovakia!

On Saturday when I got back from BB, I was a bit tired, but full of energy to go out with some nice people here :) To be honest, I am not a disco person.. To get me dancing You first need to get me to a bit different state of mind ;) So, when we went to the "club", I was pretty sure that there will be no dancing from my side, but I was wrong :D After few shots and a drink, I was ready to check that dance floor, which was ok :P I was as well very suprised, that I already know quite a lot people here. It made me think that this is one of those nice things about small cities, because it gives sense of community, on the other hand, it is frustrating, because it lets people to rumor more :P This was the first time in my life when I stayed in the "club" till the end, when everyone slowly is walking towards the door and some people are carried out by security guys..

And on Sunday, I was finally to see some ice-hockey :) It wasnt a professional one, but I still enjoyed it despite the cold in the hall. I realised that it is much, much, much..colder when there are no other viewers inside :P However, watching a game, even if it is amateur, was loads of fun and good relax.

Well, and this week started with me sitting in 2 English language olympiades. I read some texts for pupils and did speaking parts with them. I really do hope that I did my job good, and they could understand me. Of course, teachers told me that I should speak slower since students are not that good, and I know that I have this problem of fast talking :P
Anyhow, slowly, slowly Im moving further and actually thinking a lot about where I belong and what I want to do with my life. I hope EVS answers some of my questions or maybe at least puts me on the right track.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment