07 January 2010

New Year, new inspirations

My first post this year :)
I dont really know what to write this time since there is not much happening, because Slovaks have pretty long holiday season... Children for three weeks are free from school!!! So, I cannot really start offering my help since there is no one to help to :P So far I have decided that I should help with Russian and English languages in schools, because I cannot make any other project due to language barrier...
Actually language barrier is not that bad anymore since I can understand much more and when I go out and people try to test me then I am very proud of myself since I can pass their tests ;) My problem is that I dont have that big vocabulary :( And I really, really want to speak Slovak ASAP!
Speaking of new observations about Slovaks, well then You should notice that when You meet a new person here, You greet him/her with shaking hand and giving kiss on both cheeks :) For a person from North, where people are a bit colder :P it is unusual behaviour, however, if at first I was a bit uncomfortable then now Im pretty used to that and I actually like it a lot :) Because it breaks ice between people much faster!
Oh... I forgot to mention that I have been to some discos here :D Im not that big of a disco person as many of You know, but I have to explore all the aspects of Slovak life and since many people here go there, I will try to enjoy it, too :)
And to all my girls, new observation about Slovak men... They are very, very, very... funny!!! I have never met so many funny men in one place :D

No comments:

Post a Comment